Monday, January 31, 2011

Personalized Plate

Guess what I was up to over the weekend?  I made something using my good old silhouette!  Remember the crafts I made for Christmas gifts to give to my work friends?  Well, one of them asked me about making something specific that she had seen before.  (I think I even may have shown them to her at one time to gage interest when I was making the Christmas gifts.)  She wanted a gift for her bff.  Something like the plate I made her for Christmas but with names.  And instead of the polka dots around the plate she had seen one with some flourish styles around the edges.  She told me the colors she wanted so I got to work.  Here's what I came up with: 
I hope she likes it!  Better yet, I hope the birthday girl likes it.  What do you think?  Have you made anything with vinyl lately?
Linking up here:
Serenity Now Crafty Cutter Party

10 comments:

  1. that is beautiful! how hard is it to apply vinyl over vinyl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love mongrammed anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin! I just love that monogrammed plate! It looks beautiful and I'm sure the bday girl will love it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you at the Crafty Cutter party. Love the plate, I like the flourishes around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Robin! I love those beautiful embellishments around the edges of the plate. What a great gift! Been thinking about doing something similar for my kitchen. :)

    Thank you for joining my "I {Heart} My Crafty Cutter" party! :) Hope you find some great inspiration, and come visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this and want to make one (or some!) I would love some help...what fonts did you use and where did you find the beautiful corner decorations? I really do love this!
    thanks!
    :0)
    robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! I haven't gotten the courage to do vinyl yet with my Cricut. But You've peaked my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the embellishment you have in the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful!! I almost bought a monogrammed plate at HL the other day, but this is much better, and I can have it MY way, rather than plain. Great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every comment!