First up we have Elizabeth. She was my first big purchase out of college. And she was in service up until the last few months. We have graduated to a larger bed and since then Elizabeth has been in my garage. She has the matching foot board, dresser, night stand, and chest of drawers...all equally stunning. At this point she is the only one with the planned make over. She is going to be placed in my youngest daughter's room. I am in the process of getting paint matched to my daughters other furniture. Once I get some free time she's going to have a wonderful transformation. I just love her curves and beauty. I still love her just as much as the first time I laid eyes on her in that furniture store years ago! Elizabeth has defined my taste in furniture for years now. She deserves some pampering!
Second we have Carmella. She was a Craig's list find. Our kitchen table was round and glass top! I know, shock! With small children this was an easy purchase decision. And since we were going to give the kitchen a make over anyway, Carmella seemed like a lovely addition.
Carmella has four chairs. And admittedly they are in deep need of some serious salon treatment complete with paint, wood filler, and fabric. They will have a head to toe because Carmella's accessories MUST be as fabulous as she is.
From Cupcake's room to the kitchen...nothing is safe from my mind in changing out or making over. So, I sold our end tables on Craig's list. They were sturdy yet beautifully curved wrought iron with bevel glass tops. I had to move on because of those darn glass tops. Then in walks Jeannette. She was also a Craig's list find. She is as functional as an end table can get. I love that she is two tiered for added storage of any items I might find I need next to the couch. And she has beautifully carved spindles for detail. I am currently scouring the thrift shops and Craig's list for her companion. Not anything matchy matchy. Just something functional that will compliment Jeannette in the way she so deserves.
And finally the best deal I think I've ever found. No, not a road side rescue. But, I happened to find a new to me thrift store on my way in search of another thrift store one weekend (make sense?). I saw this little beauty sitting amongst the other treasures and she was only marked $10. Only $10 for a sewing table? I've been looking for MONTHS for one. The lowest price was around $45 for some in need of serious work. I very discretely 'shopped' the rest of the store and then calmly came back over and told them I wanted to purchase her. As I drove away I wondered if they knew I'd committed LEGAL highway robbery? Look at her, she is a treasure...she is Stella. Sure, she needs a little face lift. But look at her hardware, isn't it lovely? She has beauty and yet is still so practical! A girl after my own heart.
After I got home I was doing my daily peek at Craig's list. What did I find? Stella! She is listed for $75 and looks identical. Long lost twins. Such a difference in prices! Oh happy day :o)
I must say I am very excited after our kitchen cabinet project. Paint is just something that can totally transform a space or furniture. I am quickly becoming addicted to giving facelifts. ;- ) Hopefully through this process my husband won't disown me :o)
We are still working on making time for the kitchen countertop update so be on the look out for a post on that 2!
Have a blessed day!





I have been wanting a sewing table too! They are hard to find (for a good price). Can't wait to see all the transformations.
ReplyDeletei love the spindle table.....love it..and don't get me started on that sewing table. i would have bought it for the handle alone.
ReplyDeletei'll be watching to see what you do with them....have fun!!
hugs, cindy
Love, love, love it all! Can't wait to see some of the transformations. Our kitchen is the exact same layout and I'm thinking of going bright from dark wood. Thanks for the look inside your home.
ReplyDeleteSuch great finds! I love how you name them. :)
ReplyDelete