Next up...do something with the counter tops! White on white is not appealing to me. I saw a great post on how to paint your countertops after the weekend wrap up at Tatertots and Jello! I mentioned it to hubby and he gave me a no go on it. He is not interesting in opening a paint can for a while. LOL! But it is a fabulous idea if you have time and are that talented! We are not sure if we are staying or selling our home right now. So updating with the beautiful granite countertops is not an option. But, I will take a formica type that LOOKS like granite. I've been out getting a few samples and have one more place to shop. BUT, so far here are our options :
I do want a black based print. I have had option 1 in a prior home and I liked it. The cabinets there were light stained wood though and not white. I worry about option 3 having to much of the brown/peach tone. So right now, I am leaning toward option 2 . What do you think? Give it to me, good or bad! I want to know your thoughts. :o) I still have another shop to go by to check out samples. At this point my hubby and stepdad are planning to do the install. That said, hubby has started this semester of college and is now in his engineering classes. So once we decide we will have to find a weekend they are both free =)
I like option 2 :)
ReplyDeleteAnd personally 3 but if that's not your thing :D...
I'm following you now. I never bought any of the tutorials/e-books. I learn as I go and watch online videos to refresh. I bought both bowdabras and hate them, and have yet to find a cheap-ish gator bite clip to cinch. But, my jumbo clip seems to work fine :) Thanks for leaving a comment.
Your kitchen looks fantastic! The white cabinets really make the kitchen so much more airy and bright. I can't wait to see when you have everything done! Angie xo
ReplyDelete#2 is my fave!!!
ReplyDeleteJust from looking at these, I'd say either 1 or 2. The real test for me would be to sprinkle some flour and salt on them and see which one hides it. I actually HATE it when the granite hides stuff. It makes it so hard for me to clean. I feel like I have to get down on eye level with the counter to see where the salt it. Drives me nuts! But I'm an uptight cleaner like that. ;)
ReplyDeleteAloha,
charlie
i'm just super jealous that you get say in your counter tops! maybe someday ... ;)
ReplyDeleteYOURS, MINE AND OURS
Love the kitchen makeover! Any tips on painting the cabinets? I'm wanting my hubby to do the same thing for us, but he is VERY reluctant and hates to paint LOL
ReplyDeleteI like options 1 and 2. Option 3, like you mentioned, has a bit of a peachy tone to it.
ReplyDelete