Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ribbon Hoarding

One day a couple of weeks back I decided to make a new bow for the Princess for Christmas.  Her dress was red, Cupcake's was green.  So I pulled out my ribbon bin and came up with this: 


Well, I noticed that I had a ton of that beautiful double ruffle ribbon that I had ordered probably over a year ago.  Shhhh...don't tell my hubby.  ;-)  Hubby, if you are reading this, pretend you did not!  Anyhoo, I also remembered how EASY it is to make bows with that ribbon.  You CAN.NOT.MESS.THIS.UP!  That's how easy.  So I "went to town" on them as we say in the South.  Here is the result: 
 
I don't think this was the final pile of bows, but you get the idea.  My girls now have matching bows for any and everything....as if we were lacking in that department.  ;-)  So, I am calling this my crafty bow post...sort of.  I have a hard time calling something this easy a craft! 
All of you momma's of girlies or aunts or grandmomma's of girls, do you make or purchase your bows for them?  I have found the $10 I spent several years ago on a tutorial worth far more in the long run!  There is NO TELLING what I've saved by making our own bows.  And as far as all that ribbon I keep?  It comes in handy if I need a bow like, in 5 minutes.  Or if I need some for a craft like the ornaments I made here and here...and the ones I made that I didn't post about.  Even comes in handy to add a little punch to the details like here for this glitter tree I made or even here for the chalkboards.    ;-)  So I'm always on the lookout for cute ribbon.  And if it's on sale and I like it...you bet your bottom it's going home with me =)  I can always figure out something to use it on eventually.  Do you have any other ideas for uses for ribbon?  Have a post you've shared?  I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. LOL at all those bows! Your a bow hoarder!ha! So what kind of back do you use? Especially with Cupcakes....she looks like she has thinner hair like my girly girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a ribbon hoarder.... = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!

    I am addicted to ribbon too. Your bows turned out so great!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every comment!