Today I am going to show you all the ornaments that I made for the teachers at my girls daycare. I made one for each and every employee at the school. It is a small school so it was only 8 of them. At some point in the day each of the employees there take care of my girls. Whether it is to wipe their nose, help them potty, change a diaper, feed them, teach them, or just plain love on them. And I know that we are SO lucky to have a daycare where they do LOVE on them! So, for the girls individual teachers, I have another gift to make. I will be posting on it later. But for all of the teachers we made these ornaments!
Some of them are iridescent and some are just clear. Some have the initials in lime green and others in red. I am happy with the way they turned out! I used my silhouette to cut out circles and letters in the green or red vinyl and then applied them to the ornaments. I got the ornaments at Hobby Lobby. I went back hoping to buy a few more and make friends gifts but they were ALL OUT! I had most of the ribbon on hand already from other various projects like hair bows or wrapping presents. Then I wrapped them up in lime green bags with glitter polka dots! (Hobby Lobby, again! Man, I love that place!)
As I stated before, we LOVE our daycare. So, I also ordered some of the items that my company manufactures and put them in a big red tub to give the daycare. It's mainly sponges and post it notes. Last year I gave them some and they were so thankful. And that meant the world to me that they appreciated the thought. So to jazz it up a bit I cut out the school name in white vinyl and applied it to the red tub. I have a huge clear bag and some festive lime green, red, and white curly ribbon to wrap it up in. I couldn't actually get all the 'goodies' to stay in for the pic below, but you get the idea.
And for those of you who remember that we do have a guy that teaches there, don't worry, no polka dot initial ornament for him! I bought him an ornament of his favorite college football team.
So what do you think? Do you think the teachers will love them as much as I did? I sure hope so! I stayed up late a few nights to work on them. =) (Don't forget, I have a 12 hour day and after that 12hours I get to come home and make dinner and get kiddos ready for bed...and the hubby's in school). So for me, time is a toughie! What did you make for teachers gifts this year? I just love blogging because there is so much inspiration out there! I actually got the idea from these ornaments from a local boutique, but I'm CERTAIN someone in blog land probably did these way before me! My next project, which will hopefully turn out as cute, was inspired from a blog post and I will link back to it for sure! =)
We have such a big weekend planned! I was off work today (Woo-hoo) and managed to get the laundry under control. Tonight it's Disney Princess on Ice for the girls, some friends of ours, and my mom. Hubby gets a night off! Well deserved one =) Tomorrow is my company kids Christmas party and then Sunday is the Cupcake's birthday party! YAY! What all do you have planned?
The ornament is such a festive and affordable gift idea. I love the red tub. So cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful, personalized, and special gifts! I love the colors and embellishments on your decorations. What lucky teachers! Happy holidays! Visiting from the Weekend Wrapup at Tatertots & Jello. Best, Jenn
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog and for the kind comments...visit any time. Hope your Christmas is blessed!
ReplyDelete