Here are the different positions/colors/embellishments:
For this one I used Heirloom White and the Fleur de Lis embellishment and it's positioned horizontally.
For this one I used just what Shanty2Chic did! Scrolly embellishment, canyon black paint, and vertical alignment for the frame.
My sweet hubby cut my 2x8x8 for me and drilled the holes to put in the finial for the topper. I did all the assembly, painting, and distressing. You probably notice I did embellish a couple of them with something different than the swirly they used. I thought the Fleur de Lis was cute as could be and was dying to try it on something. =) And a few more shots with these cute frames holding pictures.
(Yes, that's our family Christmas card. I might put it in some frames I'm giving as gifts to family =))
I have to admit, I fell in love with the black vertical frame from the original post by the Shanty sisters. But after making them I think I am going to have to have TWO. One in Heirloom white that will be vertical and sit on my hearth and a second black horizontal for the entry way table. =) I may have to wait until after Christmas to make mine. Why you ask? Because we have a BIG home improvement project going on! We've been busy doing this:
I know you are thinking, why in the world did she start refinishing her kitchen cabinets during Christmas, while she has been a crafting maniac! Yep, I'm thinking it 2! BUT, my company is changing it's vacation policy and it's now use all you have this year or lose it. So I was off work Friday and will be off work again next Friday. Hubby was off today as well so he helped. Next week I might have to enlist the help of my brother. It's a big job to sand, prime, paint, paint, and paint again! Ha! We did manage to finish the desk area today. We decided to take it in phases as we were able. I think that was a great idea, thanks to my fab hubby! =) Anyway, that is a sneak peak on our cabinet project. You will have to check back to see the follow up! I won't post on it again until I can show you either progress or finished project!
So, what all have you been working on this holiday season? Are you super busy like us? Were any of you crazy enough to start to refinish cabinets? We gotta get a move on because we are going on a long road trip soon!
*** Linking this up to some of my fav parties on the sidebar this week! Check them out! ***
Edited to add: Linked up to CSI challenge for The color White =)
love those teacher gifts -- i am not crafty but think i could do those!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are making some cute gifts. Those are some lucky teachers and friends! Are you painting your cabinets white? I have been wanting to paint ours, but I just don't know what color. I am thinking black or green!
ReplyDeleteThose frames are SO cute! What lucky teachers!! I may have to steal that idea for myself! It would be hard to give those away! haha!
ReplyDeleteLove them!! Your comment made me laugh because I keep getting complaints that lots of HL's are out of stock :-)). Thanks for sharing the link!!
ReplyDeleteWhitney
They look great I like how you can personalize the design and get all different kinds of heights, so crucial when putting together a vignette.
ReplyDeleteThose are such great teacher's gifts! I love all the embelishments!
ReplyDeletethese are great! I'd love to have a couple myself! :)
ReplyDeleteomg! these are genius! love, love them... so many uses!
ReplyDeletethey'd make great placecard holders or buffet/menu displays.
love these!!