Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vinyl Love

There is something I post very little about on my blog and that is my love for crafting. I posted here about my first project with my new silhouette sd. I made teacher's gifts. =) I love love love that thing! Since we have our house on the market I've barely used it. For one I drag all the stuff out of the closet and hate having to get it all put up quickly if the house shows. And two a big no no when selling a house is personalization, and for me, that is what my silhouette sd is ALL about! Hubby has a buddy who is recently back from a deployment and has two girls. PERFECT opportunity for me to try out some crafty personalization using my silhouette sd don't you think?!




This was an easy project. I had everything on hand already and then the brain storm arrived. I was playing around with the software for the silhouette, dreaming up ideas of what I will make for my little girls when we move. Then I thought, hey, I can make this for hubby's friend. I grabbed my wooden board that I'd purchased at hobby lobby for nearly nothing and mixed some paints together and painted away. Once it had dried I applied another coat. Once that had dried I got out the silhouette and two shades of vinyl. Cut those out and applied to the frame. I sprayed it with some clear acrylic gloss coating for that extra finish. Isn't it cute as can be? I can't WAIT to make one for my girls! I grabbed the cutest ribbon today that's white with pink polka dots to use for hanging embelishment. I hope the girls like their new addition to decor! I enjoyed making it!
I decided to link up to some parties that I find inspiring. I will be linking to the following this week:

and
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

sweetcharli"
Hope you all enjoyed this! I am super excited and can't wait to do more with my silhouette!



Serenity Now Crafty Cutter Party

13 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm going to have to buy some vinyl, and let you have some fun decorating my house!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really cute! What a sweet idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so creative.

    i. am. not. crafty. at. all.

    ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so beautiful! I am glad you're enjoying your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! where do you get the vinyl from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the compliments!
    I got part of the vinyl from the silhouette store online when I ordered my machine and then the other from http://www.expressionsvinyl.com/
    recommendation from howdoesshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet sign - I just love the text. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired this week.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Funky Junk Sat.... I love the vinyl project. I love anything vinyl. What is a silhouette? A machine? I have a cricut & love it.
    I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barb! A silhouette sd is like a cricut but requires no cartridges. So free fonts...anything your computer has to offer. =) They also have an online store that offers other designs for 99cents! Software has capabilities for user drawing as well. =) Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Really, I love this saying! It would make a great gift too! Thanks so much for linking your talent up with us! Hope to see you back sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vinyl too, just haven't done anything with it yet, but it's on my never-ending to do list. :) Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess this is like a Cricut? I've been in the market for one of those ;) Super cute, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robin, what a sweet gift. I like the mix of fonts you used. :) I recognize the little frame with the girls' names inside...I was trying to think of something cute to use that frame with. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every comment!