Thursday the Lil' Cupcake turned 19 months.
And Thursday the Lil' Cupcake gave Mommy a BIG scare! It was 9:15 in the morning. I was having my mid year review with my boss. A co-worker peeked over the window in his door as my bosses phone was ringing and said "Robin needs to take that call". It is kind of a blur because I don't think it dawned on me that the call was for me until my boss handed me the phone. It was our daycare director. She said "First of all, we think Lil' Cupcake is ok. She swallowed a rock on the playground. Her face turned red and we turned her over and patted her back. We were unable to dislodge the rock so we immediately gave her water. After the water she was no longer red and was breathing." At that point she said they felt like she was a little wheezy and wanted to know if I wanted them to call an ambulance or come to check her out or what would I like to do. Well, that scared me to death. I asked if she was red or purple or any signs of lack of Oxygen and they said no that the only thing was they were worried the rock might be causing her to wheeze. I ran out of the office and sped off to check on her. In route I called the hubby and he contacted our pediatrician to see what he recommended. As he was calling our pediatrician I was calling my mother and crying. My mom works near the daycare and my office so she was off and running to the daycare as well. When I arrived they had the Lil' Cupcake in the office and were loving on her and keeping a watchful eye on her. She was SO sleepy. My mom met me at the daycare. Some of the teachers later told me that she came into the parking lot on 2 wheels. Yep, that's our Gigi. She rode with us in route to the Pediatrician to keep an eye on the Cupcake while I drove. Our pediatrician, Dr. Jain, checked her all out and gave us a thumbs up. For good measure he wanted us to go to the hospital for an xray to be sure there was nothing lodged in between her esophagus and stomach (that's the smallest part of your GI tract). A few hours later we spoke with him and got the results....everything was NORMAL! He said she'd pass it in a day or so! YUCK!
So what else is Lil' Cupcake up to besides eating rocks at 19 months?
- She loves to read. Her favorite two books are "Berry Sweet Baby Kisses" (strawberry shortcake) and "Colors" (very colorful book with illustrations for various colors)
- She LOVES to dance and sing! She does her very best to sing her ABC's and I believe when she can say each letter of the alphabet more clearly we will confirm she knows them all!
- She loves Barney, Yo Gabba Gabba, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She will break out and dance to them anytime there is a song. She also sings along with them. She sings the Barney song (I love you) as best as she can even without the DVD playing.
- She is eating any and everything as you can see from this post. LOL. She LOVES bananas!
- She is a very loving little girl that gives lots of hugs and kisses, but only when SHE wants to give them.
- She still fights hard at bedtime. She knew from a very early age that if she lies still for a few minutes she is zonked out!
- She loves baby dolls and stuffed animals. She plays with them and gives them lots of love.
- She calls just about everyone Mimi! (Except myself, her daddy and sister) I think she misses her Mimi very much.
- She loves to talk on the phone! Just this week she talked for 10 minutes or longer (may have been 50% gibberish) on the phone with her Uncle Josh and her Mimi. (That is 10 minutes each phone call)
- She loves to run from us. If we are coming to take the phone back for instance, she will get this mischievous look in her eye and turn around and make a mad dash the opposite direction. LOL!
She and her "sissie" (as she calls her) love each other so much. It brings me so much joy to see them playing together and taking care of one another by sharing and hugging.


That is so scary!! Glad she is ok and will be fine! She will love to hear about this when she is older! :)
ReplyDeleteBless her heart! Glad everything is ok! I just love that outfit and those piggy tails are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad she is okay!!!! she is just precious!!!! Her outfit is just too cute for words!!! I have a 19 month old boy and he has me on my toes all the time!
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower!!!
~Jennifer from all that glitters
ps! Your pictures are beautiful!!! I have no clue about cameras!
Oh no! I'm glad she is okay. I know that is so scary.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that would scare the living daylights out of me. I'm so sorry you had to go through a situation like that. Hopefully it will be your last time. I'm so glad she is okay.
ReplyDelete