I did it! I finally did it! I've been wanting to try out Amy's bug banishing tutorial since she posted it! I got all my supplies about a month back and finally I just MADE the time to do this. I am SO glad I did! I ended up with enough soy wax for 4 candles. I put one of them in an recycled pickle jar and we used it over the Fourth of July holiday to keep the bugs away:
These ROCK! My girls didn't end up with ONE SINGLE BITE! =) Thanks Amy!!!! Anybody interested in how it's made, check out her tutorial! It's Positively Splendid ;-)
I will be following up this post with one filled with pictures for all our friends and family to see how we spent our fourth of July holiday!

You have a nice blog. I especially like the kitchen chairs you redid.
ReplyDeleteIngenious! I hope the supplies aren't expensive...I would totally make one of these as gifts for friends! Would love it if you would link up to Fabulous Friday (open till Monday) linky party on our blog!
ReplyDeleteHeather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com
I could've sworn I came on here to tell you how absolutely FABULOUS these turned out. Please pardon the delay in me coming her to tell you what a marvelous job you did. I am so glad you found them so effective!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for linking, too. :)
I love that you were able to use the candles during your Fourth of July celebration.
ReplyDelete