Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rough Start {and a Painting}

This has been a rough week on me! Cupcake got sick Sunday night and hubby and I both were up most of the night with her. Then on Monday I was off work and taking her to the doctor. Nothing serious, just sinus and double ear infection, but if you have kiddos you know even the every day crud can bump a routine out of whack.  And work has been crazy busy!  Which means less time at home :( 
I had every intention of posting about our counter tops this week, however, due to our bump I do not have decent pics of it. I tried to snap some shots on Sunday when we got the mess all cleaned up but they turned out dark and hard to edit. I promise this weekend I am going to try really hard to get some good lighting time and get some shots to share with you. I am loving them!
So, today I share with you what I did over the weekend besides counter tops. (And really hubby did most of the work on the counter tops, I just supervised. LOL!) Have you ever been to one of the Painting parties that are all the rage lately? Well, in our area, they have been going strong for about a year or more.  There are various businesses offering this but the one I attended was called "A Blank Canvas".  Until this weekend I had other priorities and had to pass on all the invites to them. I love crafting and all that goes with it so I have really wanted to go to one. A co-worker invited me to one over the weekend and I MADE time to go. (This meant I missed donating to our big consignment sale this year, but I did it anyway.) Here is my work of art:
The hosts chose the painting you create and the Artist then takes you step by step on creation.  I picked the colors.  She said we could choose our own color of the vase and had a pink example, a turquoise example, and a red example.  Since this was my first time I did not go out of the box and choose green or anything.  I thought it'd be better to be able to look at one already finished.  I figured if it turned out ok then it could go in a playroom eventually or maybe even my girls would like it.  Let me tell you I had SO MUCH FUN doing this!  Now, this is sort of an abstract painting and it's not really my style.  But it was a blast!  I loved learning about painting on canvas and about mixing colors and about how to create something like this.  I also enjoyed the company of about 18 other women and enjoyed seeing the various versions.  It was utterly relaxing for me and very fulfilling.  =)  I am not at all sorry that I missed the consignment donation to do this for myself.   


1 comment:

  1. how interesting! i've never heard of painting parties. I wonder if they do that here and I just don't know about it? I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every comment!