Friday, January 22, 2010
Photographer Pet Peave
So on facebook this week some of my favorite photographers joined a new group. "Just because you have a nice camera doesn't make you a photographer" Something along those lines. Well, that really got under my skin. Just because they are good at their chosen profession doesn't mean that they should belitte anyone trying. I mean, come on folks, have some humility about you! I personally think that it was a bad move on their part business wise. I mean who likes it when someone says "I'm better than you are"....not me. I for one think you can be blessed with a God given talent, be very good at editing, both, or be a product of hard work. But why bash the person just starting out? I don't get it. Didn't you, professional photographer, have to start somewhere????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I saw that too! Well if they didn't charge out the butt for their awesome pics, then more people would not be trying to take their own! The prices for "professional" pics are outrageous, and don't forget the additional sitting fee!!! I hate to tell them, but sometimes their professional pics are not that good!
ReplyDeleteI agree Kelly. And I think they may be joining to try to discourage people from 'trying' to take their own. But for me, it only encouraged me to take more of my own! =) Or find another photographer who is a little more humble!
ReplyDelete