How many crafts can you make in one long weekend? A LOT! Ha, ha! I have had heat transfer vinyl for a while now and have not sat down long enough to work with my silhouette and read the directions on how to use it this type of vinyl. It is almost Cupcake's birthday and I wanted a cute shirt for her to wear to school. I had already purchased a very cute and for our budget, expensive birthday outfit. (You will see it in a birthday post for her, however, it completely tore up while washing it on HAND WASH cycle! Which I am more than a tad bit upset about, but that's another story and I won't post it on my blog.) Anyhow, back to my latest craft! Tonight I was checking out
She's {kinda} Crafty where Stacy did some cute heat transfer stuff. I was inspired to use the supplies I had already stocked up on to make something for Cupcake. I previously purchased some zebra print heat transfer from Hobby Lobby and a cheapo black t-shirt (in case my attempt at heat transfer was a bust), and my pink heat transfer from silhouette. Cut it out, slap it on the shirt, hit with heat, repeat until desired result achieved:
And here it is up close:
The silhouette would not cut the zebra print heat transfer. It was WAY to thick even on the setting that is for thicker media. So I traced a circle on it and cut it out by hand. That was what the directions said anyway, trace and cut. Circles ...easy peasy. It's three layers for everything but her name. What do you think? I am thinking this would be a really cute gift for someone. I can see that in my future! =)
Linking here:
So are you wondering why in the world I am up so late? Well, we had SNOW FLURRIES! Nothing stickin' just flurries. And our schools are opening late in the morning. LOL! Oh well, I got to do one more craft than I had planned. =)
could you be any more awesome!?
ReplyDeleteYou are 2 sweet girl! Thank you for all the sweet comments on my crafty posts =)
ReplyDeleteI love all of the crafts you have been posting lately. They are so cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anna! I only wish I could sew like you =)
ReplyDeleteHow awesome. My dogs name is Bella :)
ReplyDeleteSo so so cute. I love pink and zebra together!
ReplyDelete~Allison @ House of Hepworths
Absolutely adorable!!! I have a friend who sells hairbows and tutus and she'd love to have something like that in her shop. Great job. :) I had no idea HL carried heat transfer paper like that. Thanks for the heads up that the Silhouette won't cut it. Now I know! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this one! :)
Love it! Never tried heat transfer before. I'm going to give this a try one of these days!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!! I have never tried to do the heat transfer thing before, but I might just try it now!
ReplyDelete